Recent quotes:

#The27Percent: Patients with preexisting conditions rally online

As the Kaiser Family Foundation report pointed out, a sizable portion of this group is covered by employer insurance or a public option like Medicaid, but they could be denied coverage if Trump administration reverts to pre-ACA policies. Indeed, there could be many more than 55 million at risk, Kaiser said, since its surveys didn’t include questions about conditions like HIV or hepatitis C, which would have also barred respondents from coverage in pre-Obamacare insurance markets.

The Sticks and Carrots of Employee Wellness Programs - The New York Times

Most significantly, the law said employers could provide more rewards — or levy more surcharges, depending on how it’s framed — than they could previously: Maximum rewards or penalties now cannot exceed 30 percent of the total cost of the worker’s insurance, up from 20 percent, including both the employee’s and employer’s shares. (And if a tobacco cessation program is included, the figure rises to 50 percent). Advertisement Continue reading the main story So for a family with coverage that is valued at $17,545 — that was the annual average total cost in 2015, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation — it would be perfectly fine for the employer to charge up to about $5,264 more, or 30 percent, for not fulfilling a goal like filling out a health risk assessment form or completing a biometric screening. That is a significant chunk of most families’ budgets.